Six minutes or 30?* How long your steak will take depends on many factors, for to prepare a perfect steak is NOT ALWAYS SIMPLE, even for pros.
The following (selected) factors influence the cooking time for the perfect steak, some of them considerably:
* A 1-inch steak to be cooked “rare” might be ready after 6 minutes on high heat, while a 2-inch bone-in steak might take 30 minutes to become medium on medium or low heat.
HOW TO COOK THE PERFECT STEAK – FIRST TIME ROUND
- Take your steak (min. 1″ / 2.5 cm thick, better 1.5″-2″ / 3-5 cm) out of the refrigerator an hour before cooking.
- Rub your steak with a little oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Prepare your frying pan or grill with a light coat of oil.
- Activate SteakChamp and insert into the steak.
- Sear or grill both sides of the steak on high heat for about 1-2 minutes.
- Reduce heat (cooker: half-turn, grill approx. 270°F / 130°C) and cook slowly on medium heat. Turn steak around every 2 minutes.
- When the desired double flash signal appears, remove steak from heat and let it rest until the signal stops.
- Remove SteakChamp, season your steak to taste.
Enjoy your steak!